GLOBER Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 01 SEPTEMBER 2017
Valid for the website www.globeritaly.com, owned byPreziosa s.a.s. di Preziosa Silvia & C. here named “GLOBER”.
GLOBER respects your concerns about privacy. This Global Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect about our consumers, how we use the information, with whom we share it and the choices available to our consumers regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect personal information about you in various ways, such as on our websites, through our apps and social media channels, at our events, through surveys, via text messages or on the telephone. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other telephone number);
- username and password;
- payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, delivery address, and billing address);
- purchase and transaction information;
- customer service information (such as customer service inquiries, comments, and repair history);
- photographs, comments and other content you provide;
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, marital status, demographics, and experiences with our products and contact preferences;
- contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact; and
- information we may obtain from our third-party service providers.
In addition, when you visit our websites, open our emails, use our apps or interact with Tiffany-related tools, widgets or plug-ins, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our site, and dates and times of website visits. A “cookie” is a file that websites send to a visitor’ s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’ s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites or apps.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our websites and apps, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. To the extent permitted by applicable law, GLOBER is not responsible for these providers’ information practices.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information described above to:
- Provide products and services to you;
- process your payments;
- create and manage your account;
- send you promotional materials and other communications;
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, offers, surveys and market research;
- respond to your inquiries;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products and customer base; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- reduce credit risk and manage collections;
- verify your identity;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our websites and apps, (ii) delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our websites and apps, and (iii) managing our websites, apps and other aspects of our business. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or similar automated means.
We may use third-party analytics services on our websites and apps, such as those of Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze your use of our websites and apps. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the website or app. To learn more about these analytics services and how to opt out, please visit the relevant websites listed here:
- Google Analytics: